Thursday, July 10, 2008

I miss blogland...

"Don't know what you got till it's gone, Don't know what it is I did so wrong, Now I know what I got, It's just this song, And it ain't easy to get back, Takes so long..."


Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)


OK, well maybe not that long, really, and I do know where I screwed up. But I didn't realize how much I missed blogging until I've begun to do it again. That's how life is I guess. So many parts of my live were changed when I began to sell a certain line of kitchen tools and then got pregnant... I finally realized that if the kitchen tools were taking away time from what I want to do, well screw 'em, no matter how much I like the, I got tired of feeling like I needed to ask everyone I knew to be my customer. So if any of you come back by and were annoyed that I asked, I am quite sorry... I would rather have good friends than sales by far! The munchkin, well, I know I have to change parts of my life for her, but I am learning to do things like let the house go a bit (hard for me) to have a little more me time. For instance, use naptime wisely. Like, for blogging!


So, I have promised knitting content, as dull as it may be right now. The only thing I am allowing myself to work on is Little Girl's baby blanket. Ummm, yeah, she is 8 months old already, I know. But I'm not intending this as really a sleeping cover but more as a comfort blankie. I just hope she never looses it, I'm not reknitting this sucker. It's nothing more then the increase every row washcloth pattern made much bigger. I plan to edge it with a cool ruffle though. At her age, bright colors will be much more popular than some kind of intricate cable. The yarn is Cotton-Ease from my stash, which I have a ton of. The ruffle will be in the lavender, for a slightly girly nod.
Alas, no meal to report last night, as we spent the day at Disneyland. We did have their Bengal BBQ skewers, which are good, but overpriced. A bit of a splurge. They make these bacon wrapped asparagus tip skewers that are soooooo good. The asparagus is always overcooked, but the concept is delicious. The meat on the Bengal Beef ones were super tough. You can do better guys!!! The park was surprisingly quiet for summer, kinda nice. Almost walked on Jungle Cruise.

No comments: